Teaches the fundamentals (knowledge, skills, and attitude) for owning and operating a pistol safely.
- Provides a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one or more pistol action types (a good way learn about pistols prior to purchasing one).
- Rules for safe gun handling
- Pistol parts and operation
- Ammunition types
- Shooting fundamentals
- Range rules
- Range time to apply fundamentals learned
Use your own firearms or class firearms are available.
Focuses on those wishing to learn more about carrying a firearm for self defense.
- Overview of various laws concerning: Carry laws, Self defense laws (not a legal interpretation. Please consultant an attorney).
- Using a pistol responsibly and ethically for protection
- Mental Awareness and Preparation
- Holsters for concealed carry
- Drawing from holster
- Use of cover and concealment
- Marksmanship drills- accuracy, off line attack, reloading, addressing malfunctions.
- Student must understand firearm safety rules
- Proficient with the operation of their firearms
- Comfortable drawing their firearms from a holster
- Shooting drills will range from 3-25 feet. Student must be comfortable hitting targets from those distances.
- Requires strong side belt holster 2 magazines or speed loaders and belt pouches.
Customized training to fit your needs!
Private Instruction is also available on an hourly basis.
Defensive Pistol (Concealed Carry)
~4-6 hrs on the range
Basic Handgun Class
(~3 hrs classroom/ 2 hrs range)